Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for sorcerors and knights of the modern day.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Library (private)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

The Library (private) Empty
PostSubject: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 pm

I pushed the door open and walked in. The soft book-smell of the library crept into my nose and I breathed it with delight. I quickly closed the door and got lost between the various bookshelves, heading for one about the Country of Fairies.
I finally found it, looked at the books and took the one I thought best. Opening it, I sat down and started reading.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:34 pm

"What book were you looking for, Olórin?" Zack called out. He had forgotten now, and was just looking at interesting books. Olórin was a book row over, and walked up to Zack.

"This is a library. You are to be quiet in here." He told Zack. "I'm looking for anything to do with staff lore. Now no more yelling, or I shall melt your lips shut." He said, walking away.

"You get pretty violent sometimes," Zack chuckled, grabbing 'The Ancient History of Staff Lore', and was still searching for more.

Olórin had grabbed three books on staff lore, which wasn't nearly as much as he wanted, but he hoped Zack would be able to find some more. Olórin was walking to a table when he seen a girl, no older than 16, reading a book herself.

"Why hello there," Olórin said, sitting down at the same table she was at. "And what might you name be?" He asked her, opening 'Staff Lore and You: How to Become the Best'.

Zack could hear Olo's voice all the way from where he was. It was hard to miss, his voice usually echoed everywhere because it was deep. It was easy to find him this way. Zack had found 5 books on Staff Lore, and followed where he had heard Olo's voice. It was by a table, where an attractive girl was sitting at.

"Here's your books, my friend." Zack said to Olórin. "And hello, m'lady," Zack bowed to the girl, and took a seat next to his friend.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:42 am

I looked up to see two blonde boys with long hair, though the one who asked my name had quite longer hair than the other. They were quite good-looking both, especially the second one. He was carrying two swords, so he surely was a knight. The other one hadn't any (visible) weapon, so he might be a sorcerer.
I bowed my head in acknowledge.

- My name's Eanor, I said, turning a page of my book. And yours?
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:56 am

"My name is Olórin," He told the Eanor. "This is my friend-"

"Come now, I can introduce myself." Zack interrupted his friend. "My name is Zachary Roy Elessar, a knight of the highest degree. I have battled countless dangerous foes, trekked the lands of the-"

"Do you really want me to melt your lips shut?" Olórin had asked seriously. Zack got like this when he felt the need to impress, and Olórin had guessed he liked this girl.

"No..." Zack mumbled and rolled his eyes, as he knew Olórin was serious. Zack leaned to the girl, and whispered to her, in a playful whisper that Olórin could hear. "He's just jealous," but Olórin had ignored him. Who was he to ruin his friend's fun? Olórin started reading his books, and although he felt the need to smoke his pipe, as he usually did when he was thinking, relaxing, or reading, he ignored it.

Zack took a quick glance at his friend, who was in deep reading, and smirked subtly at him. He was glad he was ignoring him, he wanted to flirt with this girl. Why? Well, why not?

"So, Ms. Eanor, what brings your lovely face here to the library?" He asked her, smiling.

Last edited by Zachary on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Nia walked in. She didn't really look like a knight, due to her small wiry frame. She noticed a purple book on a bookshelf. On her tiptoes, she tried to reach the purple book, which with gold letters was labelled Sorcery. Her white-blonde hair get into her face, as she kept on trying to get the purple book about sorcery. She wanted to learn about Sorcerers, and with her photographic memory, she'll remember all about them in a flash. She mentally groaned, as she tried to jump up and grab the book. That also failed.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:45 am

- Studies, I evasively said, showing him the book.

Well, it wasn't really studies, it was more of general knowledge. I just wanted to learn a bit more about the Country of Fairies because I was sure a friend of mine had some fairy blood in her veins.
Fairies and the Little Folk could fade away in the landscape, and this friend had this ability too. That was why I was reading this book.
I knew Arc wasn't really the type, so I was looking for myself, and probably telling her afterwards.

- And you? I asked politely to keep the conversation going.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:36 am

"Me? Helping out my best friend over here with his studies. I have never found the need to study-"

"That doesn't mean you don't have to." Olórin spoke up, still reading.

"Thanks, Olo, but I still haven't found a need to study. I'm naturally smart, fortunately." Zack said, waiting for his friend to interrupt him, but he didn't. He looked like he was entranced in the book he had.

"Though I'll leave you to your reading, when I read I don't like to be interrupted." Zack said, smirking and leaning back in his chair.

"This book is perfect. It has everything I need in it," Olórin said. "Zack, can you put the rest of these books back? I have no further use for them."

"Sure thing," Zack said, getting up and grabbing the seven books, and walking back to the section he found them in. In the same hall he found the books previously, there was a small girl, though attractive, too. She looked like she was having problems reaching a purple book. He chuckled to himself.

Jeez, where are these women coming from? I think I need just to pick one.

He walked up and grabbed the book for the girl and handed it to her.

"There you go, m'lady," He bowed, now putting the other books back into their respectful places. After that, he started heading towards where the others were. Somewhat hoping the other girl would follow him, but he wouldn't bet on it.

"Eanor, Zack seems to like you," Olórin told the girl, reading his book still. He turned the page to a wonderful diagram of a staff. He told her this because he felt the girl would need to be aware of this. Olórin was wise, and felt the more the mind was aware of its surroundings the more reasonable your choices and actions would be.

Zack walked back to the table and reclaimed his seat.

"Anything else I can get for you, Olo?" He asked.

"No, and I would prefer it if you didn't call me that in the presence of others." His friend replied.

"Sorry, Olórin." Zack apologized, and looked over at the diagram that was in his friend's book. After that, he relaxed in his seat. Maybe I should get a book to read, he thought to himself, but decided that if there was nothing to do for a bit he would grab a book. Sometimes he hated his ADHD.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:45 am

I had nodded to Olórin's remark, though blushing. I didn't really care for boys, not now, but I had to admit this Zack had some things for him.
I continued reading my book when Arc came in. Smiling hugely, I waved at her so she would see me.

Awen saw Eanor and walked over to her. She kissed her and took a random chair, sitting next to her.

- What are you reading? she asked.

- Something... about you, I replied cheerfully, showing her the book.

- Eww, Fairies, Awen said. Why should I have anything in common with them?
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 am

Zack raised an eyebrow. A fairy book that was about another girl that just came in? Interesting. He stood up, and bowed to the new lady.

"Greetings, my name is Zachary Roy Elessar, knight of the highest degree, I have-" He started, smiling widely.

Olórin stealthily sent a small bolt at electricity at Zack, hitting him in the arm. Zack gave him a look that said 'What was that for?'

"I warned you." He smiled, not even giving Zack a look.

"Fine," Zack mumbled, rubbing his arm, and turned to the new girl. "What might your name be?" He asked her.

"My name is Olórin," Olórin spoke, not really wanting to be interrupted at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:10 am

Awen nodded to both of them. She decided not to tell them her real name, and since everyone called her Awen, it wouldn't make much difference.

- I'm called Awen, she said. And I guess you're a sorceror, Olórin?

I passed an arm around her shoulders and hugged her slightly, kissing her again.

- You're not a fairy, I know it. But you damn look like one, I kidded her, and she smiled at me.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:08 am

"Yes, I am a sorcerer. I wouldn't be surprised if I was the best one here," He admitted. He took pride in his work, though he was still humble. He especially took pride in his fireworks- even more especially the one that was dragon-like. That one had been his favorite out of the many he made. He turned the page of his book.

"He's a humble man, but what he speaks is probably true," Zack confirmed, looking over at Olórin, sitting back in his chair and leaning it backwards.

"If you can't learn to sit right, then so help me-" Olórin spoke.

"All right, all right. Calm down, bro." Zack chuckled, keeping his chair on all four legs now. He looked into Eanor's eyes and smiled.

"You're both beautiful ladies, I wouldn't be surprised if either of you were fairies," He told them. For some reason, he felt far more confident than he usually did. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Olórin smirking slightly, but he was still deeply engaged with the book he was reading.
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:29 am

Nia followed, flipping her white blonde hair back. "Thanks, but I'm not damsel in distress," She said, grinning at the boy (Zachary). Her brown eyes sparkled with laughter, as they always did. She carried the purple book in one hand, placing it on a nearby table.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:02 am

I and Awen exchanged a look as he told us we were both beautiful as fairies.

- You know this is, like, the most antique flirt I've ever heard? Awen told Zachary, crossing her arms on the table.

I put a hand on her arm, though I had to agree. Zack was a bit overdoing it. A young pretty girl had come to our table and talked to Zachary cheerfully. "Oh my god" I thought "This guy is really a flirty one. I haven't been in his presence for more than five minutes, and he already has picked three girls up."

Awen had understood by Eanor's amused look what she was thinking. She raised her eyebrows at her to show her she knew what she had thought and they chuckled together.

- What's your name? I asked the blonde wiry girl.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:13 am

"Never said I was good at flirting," Zack smiled, though in latter thinking he had to agree that it was a bit corny of a flirt. He smirked to himself. This was something to be proud of, he thought. Three girls at his selection. He was mostly thinking of Eanor at the moment, so he looked into her eyes, and after a second or so, looked away.

Olórin at the moment was very annoyed with Zack and the people around him; he just wanted to read. But even if he moved he would still hear their voices, and he couldn't check any more books out at the moment, he had a lot back on his bed, which his staff lied on also. After finishing a page, he turned it, trying to drown the chatter with a louder voice in his head.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 am

Awen saw Olórin trying to concentrate and gently snatched the book away from Eanor, starting to read it.

I was a bit confused by Zack's look, but didn't put any further importance on it. He probably didn't know what he did.
I was still looking at the blonde girl, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 6:06 am

Nia smirked, knowing what the others thought. "Nia. Knight. Descendant of-never mind," She said in her slight Scottish accent, as if trying to lure the one person she was talking to directly, to ask her of who was she the descendant of. Her white-blonde hair got onto her face. She pushed the strands behind her ear, her brown eyes filled with laughter. She placed her hands onto the table, leaning onto it, her posture still remaining tense though.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 am

"Descendant of what?" Zack inquired. "I don't know who I am descended from, my dad doesn't know, nor does his dad. I guess I'll have to find out myself one day, but it hardly matters who it is." He continued, looking up in thought. He gave Eanor a glance, smiled, then looked back at Nia. He waited a moment, to see if Olórin was going to introduce himself, but he was in concentration, and Zack didn't see the need to introduce Olo to the new girl if she didn't want to know.
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 pm

"One of Arthur's loyal knights," She said, obviously proud of her heritage.

"Your names are?" She asked, interested, as she continuously seemed to look from left to rid, as if she had paranoia. It was just a small habit of hers, to keep watch around her, and to move around a bit, even if it's just rotating her neck a bit. She bit her plump pink lips, her eyes searching through the room, trying to think up an excuse of when she'll get bored. Her eyes landed on her book. Most likely she can just say her teacher told her to memorize things about sorcerers, if she ever had to have any use of them. She decided to later on make a small braid in her white-blonde hair and put a wooden bead at the end of her hair strands. That'll certainly keep away any strands of hair in her eyes, while she'd be training. Sometimes her ponytail got loose. She continued to lean on the table, her arms hidden by long black sleeves. She really didn't like showing off her arms, but it was mandatory for her to once in a while to wear something more looser or less tight, since it got too hot for her to fight in it. Her arms had scars all of them, from previous fights she got into. She didn't have scars when she lived in London, and was qualified to become the actress she strived to be, even though she was short. Soon she moved to Scotland, and became more connected to nature, but she had a feud with these pack of children that lived nearby. They were quite mean, and once physically bullied her by scratching her arms. She quickly tried to blank her mind from the thought, although the laughter in her eyes died down, and her smile slightly faltered.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 am

Zachary smiled very wide again. He looked at Olórin very quick, who was reading his book intensely, then at Nia.

"My name is Zachary Roy Elessar, knight of the highest degree. I have battled countless monsters, trekked-" He said, pushing Olo's buttons.

Olórin seemed to notice Zack was pushing his limits. He sent a lightning bolt, again, a small one- a normal sized would probably stun him, which was not his goal, and this time sent it at Zack's mouth.

"Wha' da? Orórin! 'Ou ma' my tongue not wok!" Zack exclaimed.

"Did I not warn you?" Olórin asked him seriously.

"Yeah, bu' I didn' know-"

"You have been friends with me all this time and don't think I'm serious when I say things?"

"I wa' 'okin'!"

"You should know I'm serious. By the way, Nia, my name is Olórin," He said looking into her eyes. She was quite beautiful, but Olórin knew to keep his mind closed to any type of hindrance, and that specifically included love. No, he couldn't consider even flirting with the girl. He had to keep his mind on academics, no matter what opportunities came up.

"Olórin Grayhame Mithrandir." He added. He continued reading his book, trying to overpower the tiny voice inside his head pleading to talk more to this girl with a louder one reading the book.
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 am

"Olórin," Nia repeated the name. "It's an interesting name, and by the way that was pretty amazing what you just did," She said, complimenting the lightning that he just shot at his friend right, noticing that he went right back to his book, though she was sure he'd hear her anyways. A small smile appeared on her face, from the sayings that the two friends had exchanged. It kind of reminded her how brother and sister acted on what she saw on American television, and she always found such brother-like relationships interesting.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:32 am

Olórin looked at this girls eyes again, and made sure he wasn't thinking about anything other than telling this girl what he had to say, and no flirting, compliments, or anything else. "An interesting name from an interesting father, Tharkun. And thank you for the compliment, Nia. I admit, it takes a long while for someone to be able to shoot electricity from their hands. And if I may say, you look absolutely gorgeous."

Did...did that just slip out? Olórin thought, frantically going through what he had just spoken in his head.

He did say it. What...how did it slip from his tongue? How did that ever possibly get past his defenses? What had just happened?

Zack looked at Olórin with shock. Out of all of his days knowing the guy, Zack had never once, not ever, heard him say anything like that. What had gotten into him? He stayed silent and looked away. He couldn't help him, it would make a big deal out of it. The best he could do is act like he never heard it. On the side of his face that was out of sight from the group, he smirked. Perhaps Olórin would get a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 am

Nia blinked, and a wider smile appeared on her face. "Thank you, and must I say, frankly, you look quite handsome," She bluntly replied, being honest and polite at the same time. She didn't even blush as she said this, as she stood up, stopping her leaning onto the table.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:23 pm

Olórin's heart raced. Books of history, of science, of english, not a single book taught him how to respond or what to do. He had to stop, what he said was merely a slip of the tongue. But... now it was just so inviting! He had to do something. He needed help...from Zack. He never thought that would ever cross his mind, but he was the most experienced in this subject. He would know what to do, at least he hoped.

"Uhh...umm...er...-" Olórin stuttered.

"Wha I tink Orórin is twin' to 'ay i' dat 'e want a da' wif 'ou. To get to know 'ou 'n 'tuff.*" Zack helped his friend out, smiling. Olórin gave him a very menacing look, but Zack was still smiling. He had just helped his friend, he thought. Olo owed him one.

Not that help you imbecile... Olórin thought, wanting to send another bolt of electricity to his head, hopefully knocking him out, but he knew that was the wrong thing to do.

OOC: *= "What I think Olórin is trying to say is that he wants a date with you. To get to know you and stuff."
Back to top Go down
Nix
Newb
Nix

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Nia was at first puzzled, but after a minute or two of thinkimg it through, she understood. "I'd certainly like a date," She agreed, chuckling at Oloron's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:14 am

Olórin looked quickly at Zack, then back at Nia. His heart was beating faster than it should and he felt very jittery, which was not like him at all. Was he supposed to tell the place? Or was it high time that he just left in general? He shook his head at the thought of leaving, this was something he had to conquer.

"How about..um...cour-courtyard? To-tomorrow?" Olórin stuttered more, now wishing that he zapped his own tongue, that would at the least give him an excuse for talking like this.

"At dusk?" He asked.

Zack smiled some more. Although he would give Olórin a 'Dating: 101' class right after the library, he thought Olo was handling it well enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Library (private)   The Library (private) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Library (private)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next