Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Welcome to Camelot High!
Camelot High
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for sorcerors and knights of the modern day.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The edge of the Forbidden Woods

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zachary
Newb

The edge of the Forbidden Woods Empty
PostSubject: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Zack walked out to the edge of the woods, as he knew he would get in trouble if he actually went there, and looked for some flowers that he could give Eanor. After a couple of minutes, he found a patch of Lavender, and further more some Anemone. He plucked a couple of each.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 4:23 pm

The tree's thick trunks were moss-covered and fine rays were piercing the duvet the green leaves were forming. Every here and there, small animals would be climbing their way up the trees; insects, squirrels....
Dead leaves and branches were cracking softly under Arc's small leather boots.
Even though she loved Camelot High, she was yearning for the infinite meadows, the sharp wind, the ochre castle ruins and the enchanting dolmens of her native Bretagne. She hadn't seen a standing stone in a long time.
And she was longing for the Korrigans' jokes. She loved the little creatures.
To cheer herself up, she started singing a famous song of her country, "Tri Martolod".

- Tri martolod yaouank ... Tri martolod yaouank E vonet da veajin...

OOC: Here's that beautiful song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTuBnZrLbq0&feature=related

BIC: Her long black gipsy skirt was dancing around her feet as she was walking and she enjoyed that sensation of freedom it was giving her.
A plant on the ground suddenly drew her attention. It had a tall and slim stem, with an oval-ish hat of tiny white flowers.

- ... E vonet da veajin, gê! E vonet da veajin...

Arc bent down and touched the stipe with one mitt-wearing hand. It was hard. With her other hand, she opened the small leather bag was carrying around her waist and drew a little knife whose blade was sickle-shaped.

- ... Gant'n avel bet kaset....

With a small accurate cut, she detached the flower from the ground and put it into her bag. Arc held for some seconds the knife in her hands too, admiring it, then stuffed it into the bag as well.
Her black mitts were covering her arms from hands to elbows, and she held on a tree to stand up.
A move caught her eye and she turned her head to see a little figure disappear behind a tree. She felt watched and smiled, taking a loaf of bread and a tiny pot of honey out of her bag. She put it between one of the tree's roots, so the Little Folk would see it and closed her bag again. Arc felt their presence sharply even if she couldn't always see them.
Straightening again, she saw, some meters away, a patch of violet anemones. She loved the soft smell of those flowers; furthermore, they were alot of help to her and Aalana's decoctions.

- ... Gant'n avel bet kaset Beteg an Douar Nevez...., she sang, moving towards the flowers. Beteg an Douar Nevez, gê! Beteg and Dou-

She suddenly stopped singing and walking.
There was someone.
Not just a random someone, actually. That other guy, the guy they had met at the library. What was his name? Zacharie?
Zachary, she remembered.
The one that had flirted with Eanor.
She remembered the scene, experiencing the sharp pain of jealousy inside her chest. She was very possessive with her friends.
So what was she to do?
She considered fading away in the landscape and leaving, but the flowers he was plugging stopped her - the anemones.
Flowers of wisdom and healing, they tempered passions, eased love sorrows and quickened the healing, she quickly told herself, thinking over the plant lessons Aalana had given her.
Tempered passions, eased love sorrows.
She decided to just stand there and wait for him to notice her.
Arc leaned against a tree, not caring for the marks the rough tree bark would leave on her dark green T-Shirt.

OOC: Mouahaha, now it's my turn to write long posts! 32 lines! *feels proud* Hey, let's do a post-contest: the one who posts the longest post is the winner! We could do this for our quest Very Happy A propos quest, Kendall pmed me, I'll forward you the message.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:15 pm

OOC:
Spoiler:

On the quest though. I gotcha. Going to make The Longest Post Ever™.

BIC: Zack sniffed the flowers to be greeted with the wonderful smell. Anyone would like that, he thought to himself, holding the stems in his hands and getting up, about to go away.

But there was that girl from the library leaning on a nearby tree... what was her name again? Awen?

The memory of the library resurfaced.

"Wait...related to fairies Eanor had told her. Fairies have nature magic..." He mummbled, looking at his flowers, then at Awen.

"Perhaps she can make them live longer or something!" He exclaimed, thanking his brain for working. He walked over to her, and bowed deeply before her.

"So we meet again, Awen. I have a question for you: Can you make these live longer?" He held out the flowers to her. "I'm planning on going on a date with Eanor soon, and I was wondering if you could perhaps make these flowers live longer or something? Enhance the fragrance?" He asked her. There was no smile in Zack's face, but a serious one.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Arc made a conscious inner effort to stay calm. If she had listened to her feelings, she would have slapped Zachary back-handed and stomped the flowers.
But her face stayed a marble mask. She didn't even look at the plants he was holding, she just looked deep into Zachary's blue eyes.

- I don't have any power over plants, she slowly said.

Arc was almost whispering, but her deep and calm voice carried her words well.
Her periwinkle eyes were still looking at him like they were trying to pierce his body in the way of spears.
She felt the presence of her little knife, in her belt. So close...
But Zachary was a knight.
She rolled her eyes in thought. Stupid thing.
The young girl stayed silent, still looking intensively at Zachary, her face showing no expression and her body stock-still.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:01 am

Zack looked at her questionably. She was acting...odd. Even if he did meet her just yesterday, and hardly knew her, she was still acting odd. Almost like she was about to snap and kill everyone she saw. But he didn't bother with it.

"Well, er...thanks for trying." He said, a bit awkwardly. He looked into her eyes, which looked like they were trying to kill him, and then he looked away, raising an eyebrow to himself. He looked back at her.

"Do you know what Eanor's favorite color is? Or perhaps her favorite flower?" He asked Awen. "I'm trying to impress her." He added. Still looking a bit awkwardly at Awen.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am

Arc remained silent for several seconds, nine or so, still wearing her marble-expression that caused most of people to back away - she had been treated of witch or fairy, and not always in a positive way.
But she had always liked wearing that expression.
Finally, she opened her lips. They were the only thing that moved in her body.

- You're failing, she simply said.

She closed her expression again as the last words had passed her lips.
Still looking at him, she saw at the corner of her eyes the tiny figures of the Little Folk. They were watching her.
She felt like smiling but stopped just in time. Her expression remained flawless.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 am

"That's...encouraging." He said, still looking oddly at her. He was confident in his abilities to not fail. It was odd, though, for some person he hardly knew just say 'You're failing.' Zack nodded his head slowly.

"I got this though, there's no need for a pep talk or anything." He chuckled a bit to himself. This girl was certainly interesting, Zack thought to himself. He looked back over to the castle.

"If it's okay with you I'm going to go back now; I have to make sure my dress clothes are ready." He said, pointing over to Camelot High.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:31 am

Arc didn't even bother answering. Her eyes didn't move, nor did she blink. She just continued staring at Zachary, motionlessly.
The wind was breathing above them, and made Arc's dark and long velvet hair shiver. But otherwise, she stood perfectly still, her arms folded and her back resting against the tree's trunk.
After eight seconds of silent stare, she suddenly broke into a wild laughter. Again, only her face was moving; her body stayed still.
She laughed and laughed like her face was an animated mask.
After some seconds, she let herself fade away in the landscape, but continued laughing, knowing he couldn't see her.
Back to top Go down
Zachary
Newb

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:00 am

Zack raised his eyebrows, looking left and right.

This girl is about as crazy as you are!

Ha, don't make me laugh.

"Well...uh...bye then," He said to the laughter, walking away from the site, still looking left and right expecting her to appear right in front of him to scare him or something. Where would he go? He needed to check his suit in his room, and see if that was okay, then wear it. After that he needed to...well, find Eanor. And that would be all for today.

"See you when I see you, Awen!" He hollered back to where she once was.
Back to top Go down
Eanor
Ruler of Sparta
Eanor

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:05 am

Arc didn't move but continued laughing, to make sure her laugh would ring at his ears for a long time.

Don't you touch her, she thought. If you do and she suffers, I'm gonna kill, may you be a knight or not.

When he wasn't within earshot anymore, Arc left the forest slowly, still searching for some plants.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The edge of the Forbidden Woods   The edge of the Forbidden Woods Empty

Back to top Go down

The edge of the Forbidden Woods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camelot High :: Camelot Boarding School :: The Forbidden Woods-
Jump to: